Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hang Laundry?

     As my daughter read out of Amy Dacyczyn's The Complete Tightwad Gazette  I would proudly nod my head and modestly say, "Oh yes we do that" and "of course we always do that".
     Then my daughter said, "Painlessly save $100 this year by hanging four loads of laundry per week instead of using your dryer."
     Gulp. "Our climate is too humid," I said. "It will never dry." Later I added, " It is against the rules of our neighborhood to have a clothesline." Sigh. I do have 4 kids on swim team and a skin condition that requires a fresh towel each day. In other words- I wash a lot of towels. I remembered that I have a folding clothes dryer. Against my better judgement I set up my indoor dryer in the laundry room, loaded it up with towels and went to bed. Shock of shocks they were actually dry in the morning! So I am going to try to hang dry towels, sheets, blankets, etc. I guess this old dog can learn new tricks.
       According to Energy Miser 10 it costs 57 cents to dry a load of clothes in 2009. Some people way that it is better for your clothes to hang them. We will try this for a while and i will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment