Monday, May 12, 2014

Thrift Store Success

     I had a real Thrifty Store Success this weekend. For Mother's Day I wanted to play board games with my family. (If you couldn't tell on your own, I can be pretty geeky sometimes.)I wanted to play a specific game. It is a 1989 Geography game made by National Geographic called Global Pursuits. I bought it for $3 a couple of weeks ago at Goodwill. I didn't know anything about the game. I didn't know if it had all of the pieces. 1989 was a long time ago and it might be too dated. I thought that it might be a fun way for my kids to learn some geography. Anyway, my family played it with me and we had a wonderful time. My husband was the banker and read the trivia cards to us. Some of the questions were dated but since my husband and I remember 1989 quite well it was fun to discuss some of the changes the world has gone through with my kids.
     I am thinking that when the summer gets miserable, hot and sticky we might play a lot of board games together as tightwad entertainment. Amy Dacyczyn from The Complete Tightwad Gazette suggests jigsaw puzzles as a nice family activity. There are tons at the thrift store. Maybe for Memorial Day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment